Date: Wednesday 14th September 2022
Venue: East of England Showground, Peterborough Arena, Peterborough, PE2 6XE
UKSTT are once again holding their Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony during NODIG Live 2022 in association with Westrade Group.
UKSTT 2022 Award Categories
Innovative Technology Award
An award to cover product/system technologies that support the trenchless technology industry and must show a real application. Innovative technologies must be trenchless and new to the UK market e.g. underground mapping or other software, equipment, new materials, safety equipment, techniques such as jointing systems etc. This list is illustrative only.
New Installation Award – Pipe Jacking, Microtunnelling, Guided Boring
This award will be presented to the entries best demonstrating their key roles in successful new installations of pipelines using pipejacking, microtunnelling & guided boring trenchless techniques.
For the avoidance of doubt, projects that replace the host pipe by means of bursting, splitting or eating of the original pipe and thus no longer remain dependent on any residual strength of the original pipe shall be entered for judging within the new installation rather than the renovation category of the awards process.
New Installation Award – Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
This award will be presented to the entries best demonstrating their key roles in successful new installations of cables, ducts or pipelines using HDD.
Pipe Rehabilitation – Cured in Place Pipe Lining (CIPP)
This award will be presented to the entries best demonstrating their key roles in successful pipeline renovation or rehabilitation projects of any diameter using CIPP techniques
Pipe Rehabilitation – Techniques other than Cured in Place Pipe lining (CIPP)
This award will be presented to the entry best demonstrating their key roles in successful pipeline renovation or rehabilitation projects of any diameter using techniques other than CIPP.
The Environmental award will be presented to the entry which best demonstrates how the Project/Process/Product has reduced environmental impact.
Detection, Location and Inspection
This award will be presented to the entry which best demonstrates the use of detection, location or Inspection techniques to overcome significant challenges.
Young Professional Award
The UKSTT Chairman’s award will be presented to the young professional (<30 years old) who can best demonstrate their contribution to the field of Trenchless Technology. We will be looking for evidence of an understanding of Trenchless Technology, the individual’s contribution made, the quality of the submission and the candidate’s vision for the future of Trenchless Technology.
NOTE: FOR ALL OF THE PROJECT CATEGORIES THE ENTRIES SHALL BE PROJECTS IN WHICH EXCAVATION WAS OBVIATED BY THE TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY USED
UKSTT 2022 AWARD ENTRY RULES & GUIDELINES
The UKSTT awards are held each year during the Society’s Annual Dinner and are open to all, including non-members of UKSTT.
• Entries must be received by the 18th May 2022.
• Entrants should submit no more than 1500 words in 12pt Calibri Font in the Entry Form including up to four photographs or images embedded within the text to support their application, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Shortlisted entrants will be asked to provide a 3-slide power point presentation for use at the awards dinner.
• A high-resolution copy of your company logo is requested (including any named key partners) in jpeg/png format and sent to email@example.com.
What Happens Next?
• The award entries will be forwarded to the judges.
• Shortlisted entrants will be notified shortly after the 3rd August 2022.
• The awards will be presented at the UKSTT Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony, on Wednesday 14th September 2022 at the East of England Showground, Peterborough
• Winning entries will automatically be entered into the ISTT 2022 Awards.
• Entries for overseas projects will be accepted provided they are submitted by UK companies who either did the work or supplied the equipment.
• Entries will be accepted from overseas companies for work carried out in the UK.
• The projects entered for an award must have taken place during 2021 / 2022.
• UKSTT reserves the right to use and display all entries & supplied images on their website and social media platforms.
• Entries will be judged based on the content of the entry form and supporting graphics only.
• The judges’ decisions are final.
• Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
• Entries may only be submitted into one award category
Judges & the Judging Process
For each of the categories a panel of independent judges has been carefully selected to be representative from a broad cross section of the relevant industries. The Judges will be looking for originality of approach, technical difficulty and innovation as well as customer care, client satisfaction, programme compliance, cost minimisation, safety record and environmental considerations. The weighting and applicability of the scoring will be tailored to the category.