Whenever a sewage pipe is rehabilitated using an Alphaliner, you need stable power supply for the specialized equipment. “Running a big power generator, just to supply a single vehicle with electricity during the early morning hours, is simply not efficient,” stated Philipp Martin, RELINEEUROPE’s Sales Director Europe. For this reason, RELINEEUROPE now offers its power-hybrid technology across the entire product portfolio.
Generally, modern UV systems come equipped with a power generator ranging between 30-60 KVA electrical output. Yet, this total power capacity is only needed during the actual UV curing process, which only takes place during a few hours of the day. For the remainder of time, a large part of this power is not utilized. RELINEEUROPE will change this permanently, giving their customers a choice between investing in a new UV curing system with a conventional power supply or the new power-hybrid solution.
The Advantages of this Technology at a Glance
– Cost reduction by lowering diesel consumption by up to 6,000 liters p.a.
– Larger service intervals for the generator due to fewer daily operating hours
– Longer service life and later investment in a new replacement generator
– Environmentally friendly and smaller carbon footprint
– Less noise pollution impacting both humans and nature
– Short amortization period
These convincing arguments are what drove the company to develop a sustainable solution to address these issues.
– Modular design with 5 – 20 KW battery capacity
– Automatic switch-over from generator to battery-powered operation
– Smart charging of the battery pack during the curing process
– Battery-powered operation also possible at low ambient temperatures
– Minimum of 3,500 charging cycles
„Our customers are very satisfied with these facts and the resulting benefits. Over the past 12 months, an increasing number of UV systems with power-hybrid technology have been ordered,” according to Martin.
Just recently, several UV systems using the power-hybrid technology were delivered to customers:
For instance, a REE4000 Professional handed over to the rehabilitation company Umwelttechnik & Wasserbau from Frankfurt, or the REE2000 Professional delivered to KATEC Kanaltechnik from Jünkerath, Germany.