Did you know MuDD-Dry is a more cost effective solution that’s better for the environment?
Here is a visual comparison of Cement against MuDD-Dry
Environmental Impact of Cement vs MuDD-Dry:
· Cement contains hexavalent chromium which is a genotoxic carcinogen
· Most muds treated with cement significantly raise the pH requiring the material to be disposed at a specialist location
· Cement adds more weight to the waste – therefore more cost to transport and handle
· The production of cement is very energy intensive and releases a lot of carbon dioxide into the environment contributing to global warming (4-8% of annual production); production of one tonne of cement creates 780kg of carbon dioxide
· Cement dust can be a dangerous source of air pollution
· Cement must be handled with caution wearing appropriate PPE as it is very alkaline
· Cement increases carbon dioxide emissions from having more trucks on road to transport treated waste and reagent
· Cement can cause eye, skin and respiratory irritation that can lead to silicosis
· Cement creates a hard, monolithic finish that can be hard to work with
· No potential reuse
· Cement can impact biodiversity of surrounding fauna (all species)
MuDD-Dry Cost Comparisons
Raw Material Costs – Cement = £0.71/kg MuDD-Dry = £2.80kg
If you treat 100 cubic meters at 1% of MuDD-Dry it will require 1000kg of product at a cost of £2,800 + £75 shipping cost of MuDD-Dry to site.
If you treat 100 cubic meters at 20% with cement it will require 20,000kg of product at a cost of £3,400 + £350 shipping of cement to site.
Cost of preparing 100 cubic meters of waste product for disposal with MuDD-Dry is £3,325 = £32.92/Tonne ex works site.
Cost of preparing same amount of the product for disposal with cement is £4,525 = £37.70/Tonne ex works site.
Cost of Resources
MuDD-Dry is significantly quicker to react than cement, solidifying within 20-30 minutes. It is also easier for handling, storage and transporting.
MuDD-Dry can solidify 10 tonnes per hour based on 1 man and 1 digger.
Cement can solidify 20 tonnes per day using the same resources resulting in 50% higher costs whilst utilising much more space.
For more info please contact our drilling specialists @ slimdril +44 (0) 1493 656145